BNO Application| BNO Renewal| Shipping Documents to UK
Last updated time : 2022-01-11
Welcome back to Fulffy’s newest guide to BNO application 2021! In 2020, Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab announced in the House of Commons that the new BNO system will allow 3 million qualified Hong Kong residents (born before 1997) to apply for 2 periods of 5 years to work and live in the UK. After the first 5 years they can apply for indefinite leave to remain and 12 months after this status, they can apply for British citizenship.
Those who applied for BNO before the handover in 1997 are still eligible to apply for BNO and BNO renewal, even if your BNO has expired or you lost your BNO passport. On the other hand, if you’re born after 1997, unfortunately you can’t apply~ In addition, if parents with BNO has filled in their children’s name in the ‘included child’ column in the passport, then their children can apply for BNO even if they’re born after 1997.
BNO application, BNO renewal, BNO renewal qualification
- HK citizens who successfully applied for BNO before July 1, 1997.
- If parents with BNO has filled in their children’s name in the ‘included child’ column and the children were under the age of 16, then those children can also apply for BNO.
BNO application, BNO renewal, BNO renewal required documents
- Old BNO passport (corner not cut off) - if it’s lost, you have to fill in a loss report form
- Double-sided color photocopy of Hong Kong permanent identity card
- Color photocopy of the entire current passport (including front cover, back cover and blank pages)
- Original copy of address proof within 12 months (e.g. government letter, bank letter)
- Color photocopy of birth paper of oneself or one’s parents
BNO application, BNO renewal cost
- 34-paged passport (valid for 10 years): £86, around 927 HKD (Exchange rate as of March 2021)
- 50-paged passport (valid for 10 years): £96, around 1034 HKD (Exchange rate as of March 2021)
BNOMystery of countersign
Perhaps you’ve heard about countersignatures needed in BNO renewals or BNO applications, but in fact countersignatures may not be needed in BNO! Unless you have violated the following conditions:
- Lost, stolen, damaged old BNO passport (if it’s lost, you have no choice but to get a countersignature)
- Your current appearance has changed a lot from the photo in your old BNO passport (unfortunately you’ll have to get a countersignature even it was still you 10 years ago!)
- Significant changes in personal information (e.g. name changed)
- First Adult Passport、First Child Passport
If a countersignature is really needed, are there any special requirements for the one who countersigns?
- Holding a British or other EU countries passport
- Have known the applicant for over 2 years (non-family member or relatives)
- Must be professionals, e.g. doctors, journalists, social workers, teachers, accountants, click me to see more occupations
Price for sending BNO related documents
DHL courier is undoubtedly a very popular choice among Hong Kong people, so in order to make it convenient for you, we’ve been to DHL official website to quote, 0.5公斤 and a shipment to Liverpool, UK will cost around 420 HKD～
What is the cheapest way to send BNO documents?
Time for promotion! Same speed, with a different price, use Fulffy courier platform to send for BNO documents to the UK with only 173 HKD～ Then all you have to do is to stay comfortably at home to apply BNO , or even watch some good Netflix films while applying BNO renewal! Fulffy will handle the rest and arrange couriers to pick up your documents at your home or office!
Online BNO application, BNO renewal, BNO renewal process - 1. Online form
Let’s start by clicking the website of HM Passport Office～
BNO application, BNO renewal, BNO renewal important steps:
Have you had a UK passport before?
Fill in ‘Yes’, BNO is one type of British passports
Do you have any passports from other countries?
If you have SAR passport, tick ‘Yes’
Online BNO application, BNO renewal, BNO renewal process - 2. Upload photo
In fact, there is an example of a qualified photo on the application procedure website
But Fulffy has translated and integrated the main points to help you save time:
- Photos need to be in color
- Photo file must be in jpg or jpeg format (don’t upload .png~)
- Photos have to be taken in front of a light background
- No need to smile or grin
- No hats and other headwears
- Hair can’t cover your face and eyes
Online BNO application, BNO renewal, BNO renewal process - 3. Upload photo
After uploading the photo, the website will continue to ask you for your personal information and start the payment process, you may use Visa or Mastercard for online payment. After successfully submitting the application, you will receive a confirmation email and SMS message, which include the login link, mailing address and application number(Remember to back up relevant information. Then simply use courier or airmail service to send your BNO documents to the UK(and of course you’re using Fulffy platformFulffy to send your important documents!)。You will receive your new BNO passport in around 6 weeks!
Thanks for going through our guide on BNO documents, BNO application, BNO extension and BNO renewal. If you have any questions, feel free to head to our Fulffy Facebook or go to Fulffy official website for a small chat with our team! We’re always here to bring the most updated information on immigration, study abroad and shipping!
Frequently asked question
How much does DHL courier cost to send BNO documents to the UK?
DHL courier is divided into 3 quotations. Take the 0.3kg file to the UK as an example, the charge ranges from HK$350-HK$480. Different shipping methods have different charges, and discounts are provided in the Fulffy platform.
How long does it take to send BNO documents to the UK?
From personal experience, if UPS courier service is used to send BNO documents from Hong Kong to the UK, recipient can receive the document fastest in one day, but normally it only takes 2-3 days. Please refer to the our content for the shipping method.
Besides using DHL to send BNO documents, what are the other shipping methods?
In addition to DHL Express, you can also choose the more popular UPS Express or HongKong Post SpeedPost to post BNO documents.
Documents required for BNO application, BNO extension, and BNO renewal
1. Old BNO passport (corner not cut off) - if it’s lost, you have to fill in a loss report form 2. Double-sided color photocopy of Hong Kong permanent identity card 3. Color photocopy of the entire current passport (including front cover, back cover and blank pages) 4. Original copy of address proof within 12 months (e.g. government letter, bank letter) 5. Color photocopy of birth paper of oneself or one’s parents