Guide to Best Packaging Tips to Save Courier Fee
Last updated time : 2021-08-05
Guide to Best Packaging Tips to Save Courier Fee📦
It’s common sense for everyone to pack their packages well before shipment, but do you know how to pack in a way that protects your items and also save courier fee?
To help you all save money on express delivery, Fulffy has prepared the necessary skills and tips on packaging!
Notes on packaging parcels to save costs:
- 1. Minimize the volumetric weight when packaging
- 2. If there are too many goods, split them into multiple packages to avoid extra costs due to heavy volume
- 3. Try to compress the volume as much as possible to avoid the extra cost of heavy volume due to excessive volume
- 4. It is best not to leave obvious text messages on the outside of the package
- 5. When attaching the express delivery note, it must be affixed on a smooth surface without wrinkles to avoid the situation where the recipient cannot be seen clearly or the barcode cannot be scanned, which may affect the delivery.
Skills of packaging parcels to save costs:
- 1. Choose the appropriate protection material according to the types of the goods. Fragile items (glass products, ceramics, handicrafts, etc.) need to be protected by a few more layers. Please completely wrap them with cushioning materials (such as bubble wrap), and then put them in a separate carton. The space between the goods and the box must be air-filled. Bags, foam sheets, foam packaging bags, etc. fill up the empty spaces in the box. Non-fragile items (clothes, books, etc.) can be directly put into the carton and mailed.
- 2. Choose the right package box according to the weight of the goods. Heavier goods should not be packed in very light or old cartons, but should choose corrugated cartons or reinforced plywood cartons.
- 3. The size of the carton should be referenced and suitable for the goods. The package is more likely to be damaged in transit if the box is too big or too small.
- 4. The mouth of the carton must be sealed tightly. The 12 sides of the carton must be sealed with tape, which can provide more support to the entire carton, make the carton firmer, and reduce rotten edges.
- 5. Wrap the outside of the carton with tape tightly (using the cross method). Be careful not to break the tape when sealing the box and keep turning over the box. The entire tape can ensure the box’s strength and avoid sparse damage.
- 6. If necessary, you can use two boxes, and put the packed box into a larger carton.
Finally, as a reminder, the three elements of packaging are:
- ⚠️ Thickness. According to the fragility of the goods, decide whether to pack foam, how many layers to pack, and more is always better than less.
- ⚠️ Tightness. In order to maximize the effect of the cushioning material, pack it tightly, and it is best to leave the items with no room for movement inside.
- ⚠️ Firmness. It is best to put the items tightly together when packing, and use the extra space to deflate the cushion material to avoid collisions during transportation.
Frequently asked question
What is volumetric weight?
The package volumetric weight calculation method is package volume (cubic size)/5000. The actual weight and volumetric weight of the package shall be the larger value to calculate the unit of charge.
Why can't I use old or used boxes?
This kind of box is not as strong and strong as the new box, so it will increase the chance of package damage.
What happens if the volume is too heavy?
Fulffy's commercial couriers and the courier company you choose will charge fees based on the size of your package, so the heavier the package, the more expensive the fee will be. In order to reduce the shipping cost, please reduce the volume and weight of the package.